Thank you for sharing your time and skills with the Repair Fair community! Please read the following prior to the event.
If you are unable to make the event, please email RepairFairOregon.org so we can plan accordingly. On the day of the event:
- Arrive at least 15 – 30 minutes before the event begins to get settled and oriented.
- Complete a liability waiver/volunteer agreement when you arrive.
- Find your name tag.
- We will do an orientation about 15 minutes before the event starts.
- Enjoy available refreshments.
Set up registration/information tables
- Set up the registration table with WAIVERS, TICKETS, ITEM TRACKING SHEET, SCALE, PENS/PENCILS, donation jar and a paper pad to take notes on improvements that can be made.
- Set up information table (may be at separate area) with email sign up list, flyers, clipboards, etc
- Check that items are not a prohibited item (gas powered, firearm, dangerous, etc).
- Have each participant read and sign RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. Put in waiver bin on the table.
- Fill out Repair Ticket with: Date (if not already entered), Name, Time in (clock), Item description, issue with item, Weight (scale), Log the item (s) into the main item tracking sheet.
- Attach Repair Ticket to the item. Set item on the HOLD table. Fixer volunteers will choose the items they are most comfortable with. If monitor volunteers are available, they can direct attendee to correct fixer location.
* Participants are limited to 2 items per event.
Check out and hold table:
Depending on volunteer availability and/or layout, there may be a separate check-out area. Otherwise it will be the registration table.
- Monitor hold table. The monitor will make sure items are seen in the correct order, can track which fixers are available and will let the floater know which items should go next.
- Greet people at the door or in the hall and explain the event/process
- Watch for prohibited items, especially before a person stands in the Check-In line
- Check with Fixers for on-going needs
- Engage with Participants
- Take photographs – please ask permission of parents if children in photo
- Assist fixers – looking up information on-line, find tools, etc